Saturday 7 May 2016

Flawless Make Up For A Night Out // Khaki Smokey Eye


Before & After 
(PS I'm wearing a strapless beach dress in the first photo, it's handy so you won't ruin your make up getting dressed!)
One of the best parts about going out for a night out for me has to be getting ready. When I mean getting ready I purely mean the process of doing my make up because I dread having to do anything with my hair, my skills only go as far as curly or straight.

My mammy can tell you that it is 100% that I will take a full day to get ready, and I'll still manage to be running last minute. I like to dedicate the full day to pampering, showering, moisturising, prepping my skin, doing my make up, doing my hair and then faffing about choosing what bag and jewelery will go with my outfit.

For a night out I like to go all out! It's not very often I go out so I might as well go hard or go home, and if that means I use nearly every make up brush and make up item I own then so be it, because I deserve it (so I tell myself!) I never fake tan my face so hence the different colours in the picture, I always have to do darker with foundation to match my neck!

I like to start off with my eyes/brows, purely because if I'm using glitter or any sort of dark eye shadow I will more than likely get it all over my cheeks and doing this first means you can clean it up with a wipe and you have a fresh canvas to start your base!

So here it goes...

Brows: 

  • Sculpt with Anastasia Contour Kit in Light
  • Fill in colour with Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Caramel
  • Set with the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel


Eyes:

  • Prime with Urban Decay Eye shadow primer
  • Set eye lid with Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
  • Defined crease with Make Up Geek Creme Brule and Frappe
  • Blend Cocoa Bear mixed with Mac Charcoal Brown to deepen the outer couner
  • Apply Urban Decay eyeshadow in the shade Crowbar for the Vice 4 all over the lid
  • Blend out with Make up Geek Mocha to darken the crease further
  • Blend a mixture of Cocoa Bear and Crowbar under the lower last line 
  • Use Maybelline Gel Eyeliner to line the lower and upper water line
  • Apply Urban Decay Solstice Moondust glitter to the center of the mobile lid
  • Apply Loreal Telescopic Mascara to upper and lower lashes
  • Apply Huda Beauty Lashes in Giselle with black lash glue and allow to dry


Face:

  • Apply Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer to entire face
  • Apply Loreal Lumi Primer to cheek area
  • Use Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in the shade Light to conceal under the eyes and blend
  • Using a Real Techniques Sponge blend Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Super Light Foundation in the shade Cool Beige mixed with a little taste of the LA Pro Concealer in the shade Almond for some extra coverage around the face
  • Using a duo fiber brush apply a light layer of the Chanel Tan de Soleil on the cheek bones and around the top of the forehead for a bronzing effect
  • Set the whole face using Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
  • Contour beneath the cheek bones using the Kevyn Aucion Sculpting Powder in the shade Medium with a Charlotte Tilbury powder and Scult Brush, also apply below the chin and jawline for extra definition
  • Apply Nars Sin Blush to the apples of the cheeks
  • Mix The Balm Mary Luminizer with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop and apply this to the tops of the cheek bones
  • Set the whole face using Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray


Lips:

  • Line and colour in all lips with Mac Whirl Lip Liner
  • Top this with Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick


Tidy up all the mess you have made in your room (the least fun part and the part I always avoid... thanks mammy lol) 

I'll have a post coming very soon on my favourite make up brushes so that is why I have not included these in this post! I hope I'm not the only one that uses this many products!



No comments:

Post a Comment