Sunday 10 April 2016

How To: Get A Free Mac Lipstick



I'm all about the freebies! And this post talks about one of the best freebies of all time. When I first started buying Mac products, I used to buy the eye shadows in the packaging, they cost about £12.50. Until I had started to grow a collection of around 6 of them, I had my eyes on the new storage palettes that they had brought out with the clear lids. I instantly popped one onto my christmas list and then on Christmas night I sat and de-potted all of the eye shadows into my glorious new palette (tutorials on how to do this are on Youtube!). I was then left with 6 empty mac eye shadow containers, all of which were in perfect condition which I just shoved to the back of my drawer (packaging is my downfall!) 



It wasn't until about a year ago I discovered the 'Back to Mac' scheme. We didn't have a Mac counter in Derry at the time so it was a bit inconvenient for me to go the whole way to Belfast with my packaging, So I held out. 

The scheme itself, allows you to return any 6 empty plastic or glass packaging from Mac to a Mac counter or Store and in return you can get a free lipstick from their permanent collection. The items that you can include in your 'Back to Mac' are:

  • Eye shadow Pots
  • Paint Pots
  • False Lash Packaging
  • Powders
  • Blushers
  • Mineralise Skin Finishes
  • Lip Glosses
  • Foundation bottles
  • Concealer tubes/pots
  • and much much more! 
As long as it's primary packaging, it can be exchanged! You need 6 items in total, and this can be a mix match of things. Not only is this scheme good for your purse but it's also a great way to help the environment! I ended up exchanging my eye shadow pots for a replacement of my beloved 'Velvet Teddy'.  Hope this wee tip helps and saves you a few pounds, nothing like a new Mac Lipstick and its 100 times better when its free! And in the off chance you don't have 6 items to return to Mac, then make sure and get your student discount and buy your Mac off House of Fraser with Unidays. You'll thank me later, 

Happy Back-to-Mac! 

1 comment:

  1. Great share! Even I have some awesome collection of Branded Lipstick online at Majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete