Saturday 20 February 2016

Brand Focus: Charlotte Tilbury


Charlotte Tilbury products are up there with the most luxury items in my collection. Her make up range is pricey but every penny that goes into the making of her products definitely shows in the quality of the make up itself. For one, the packaging is just to die for, it's sleek and looks/feels expensive, it's durable and looks absolutely gorgeous when sitting out on my dressing table.



Charlotte Tilbury is a world wide recognised make up artist, her signature make up is all focused around the eyes.  Her eye shadow quads are all given names for different looks that she has created. The two shadow quads that I own are the 'Vintage Vamp' and the 'Dolce Vita'. The colour coded eye shadows are specially designed to create a specific look using the colours in the palette. As shown below, the back of the quad has instructions as to which shadow does what and what order to apply them. 

1) Prime: which is a light colour to apply all over the lid up to the brow bone.

2) Enhance: this is the colour that you will apply into the crease for a touch of colour and depth.

3) Smoke: this colour should be applied in the outer corner and along the lower lash line to darken up the look

4) Pop: this is my favourite step. It is a pressed pigmented glitter. The swatches below do not give this glitter any justice. It is so sparkly and gives an almost wet look to the lids.




The shadows themselves are so buttery and soft and blend like an absolute dream. The don't have any fall out and they last all night even without using a primer such as the Urban Decay Shadow Primer. I find that the glitter is best applied using your finger tips for the ultimate pigmentation.

Below is the swatches of the Vintage Vamp and the Dolce Vita respectively. 




The other eye products from her range that I own are the Eyes to Mesmerize in the shade 'Bette' and the shadow stick in the black diamonds colour. All of the eye products that I own from her range are specifically designed to make blue eyes pop. If you have a look on her website you will see all of the different looks that she has created and the products that you need to make your blue/hazel/brown/green eyes stand out!

The face products from her range that I own are the Bar of Gold highlight (which I have swatched in my previous post), the Airbrush Flawless Finishing Powder (in the shade 01) and the Film Star Bronze and Glow. Likewise with the shadows, the powders themselves are so easy to work with. I find that the setting powder is so light and doesn't make my skin look cakey at all. The Film Star Bronze and Glow is just to die for. I got this as a Christmas gift a few years back along with the Powder & Sculpt brush and both of these just work perfectly together. The powder is highly pigmented and it the perfect bronze and slightly taupe shade which is perfect for bronzing up the complexion and also contouring. The brush fits perfectly into my non existent cheek bones and the highlight gives that gorgeous lit from within glow. I apply it onto the top of my cheek bones, my cupids bow and the bridge of my nose (basically all over my face lol). If I was to choose between the single highlight and the one in the bronzing duo, I would pick the duo. It is a lot more pigmented and soft making it very easy to work with.

I have yet to try any of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, but I have heard nothing but amazing reviews on their longevity and colour range. I have however got one of her Lip Cheat lip liners in the colour Pillow Talk. It is a light nude pink which I enjoy wearing on it's own all over or when I'm using it to give my lips a better shape under a Mac Lipstick such as Velvet Teddy or Pink Plaid. It is incredible long lasting and doesn't dry out my lips which I have found lip liners have done in the past.

I am completely in love with all the products that I own from her range. The selection of colours and the formulas are second to non. If I could afford to buy all of her range, I would! Sadly our nearest Charlotte Tilbury counter is in Brown Thomas in Dublin but that doesn't stop me. I love to buy from her own website, purely because the postage and packaging is the best quality and value. I'm excited to try some more of her products in the range.

Lots of love,
Maria xx







No comments:

Post a Comment