Wednesday 3 February 2016

My Highlighter Collection

I own alot of make up, but highlighters are by far my favourite thing to buy and wear. There's just something about that glow that they give and that finishing touch they leave on the skin that just makes me pile the stuff on, until I'm basically glowing in the dark. 



The majority of my highlighters are high end (apart from one), purely for the fact that I have yet to find one that meets my expectations. I have tried ones from Sleek, Maybeliene and L'oreal but nothing had really stood out.

I'll start with the cream highlighters. I normally use these as a base for my powder highlighters to stick to. I apply these just after my foundation to the tops of my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose and my cupids bow.


From L-R:

Mac Cream Colour Base in the colour 'Hush'- A peachy shade.

Benefit's High Beam- a pearly pink shade.

Benefit's Watt's up!- a champagne shade. 
Below are the swatches. 


I have a lot more powder highlighters than cream ones, purely because they are easier to apply especially for day to day and I don't have to get my hands all covered in highlight. For an all over glow, I use a specific brand of powders which I'll be talking about in a few weeks time (be excited!).

I find it hard to get a highlight that suits my pale skin, but I have just decided to work with it. When I am wearing fake tan I have a lot more options as a lot of the highlights have a peachy/gold undertone which looks amazing on bronzed skin. I know that a lot of the highlighters I own are high end, but they last for ages. It isn't something that you need a lot of, all of them are very highlight pigmented. Some are more subtle than others, which are more suited for every day wear.


From L-R: 

Chanel Joues Contraste Lumiere- A sublte champagne shade.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in the colour Pink Quartz- A peachy pink shade.

Dior Skin Nude Shimmer- A pale pearl shade.

Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in the colour 'Indiscretion'- A light bronze shade.

Kiko Wet & Dry Eyeshadow in the colour '208'- A true gold shade (dupe for the Laura Geller Guilded Honey Highlighting Swirl Powder)



The next five are probably my most favourite of them all and the ones I tend to reach for the most. All of these highlights give a gorgeous glow that doesn't make the skin look oily. They last all day and only require a soft sweep of a brush (I love using the Real Techniques Setting Brush) to highlight the whole face.



From L-R:

Becca X 'Jaclyn Hill' Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in the colour 'Champagne Pop'- A champagne, peachy, highly pigmented shade.

Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in the colour 'Soft and Gentle'- A golden peach shade.

Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold- This is a very sublte light gold. (I'll address more Charlotte 
Tilbury products in a blog post soon including the Filmstar Bronze & Glow)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in the colour 'So Hollywood'- A golden shade.

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer-  A vanilla and slightly golden shade. 





All of the highlighters that I have mentioned can all be purchased online. Most are available on Cult Beauty, SpaceNK, Debenhams, Mac and Kiko. If you do choose to buy one of them from SpaceNK I have a discount code were you will get free delivery, free gift wrap and 4 free samples with every order- if you want the code then message me on my Facebook page which is 'Maria Glenn'.

Happy Highlighting,
Lots of Love,
Maria xx





No comments:

Post a Comment