Saturday 18 June 2016

Flawless Make Up For Blue Eyes // Copper Gold Glitter Eye


This is one of my go-to looks for a night out. I have blue eyes and after a bit of research and experimentation I have worked out that copper and bronze colours make the blue of my eyes stand out! 

I wore this look for my friend's birthday after having spent the past week in Portugal hence the natural tan complexion that lasted a good week. I don't know what it is but when I have a natural tan I feel like my make up applies and sits a lot better. Plus it also means I didn't have to apply fake tan which was an absolute bonus! I am also so suprised at the condition of my skin after the madness of that holiday, which involved a lot of alcohol, late nights and not taking my make up off until around 7am in the morning! So unlike me... but anyways here is the details of my copper glitter make up look.

Base

I used the Too Faced "HangoveRx" Primer (very fitting name for how I was feeling before even heading out lol), this is a hydrating primer that helps to blur pores at the same time. I also used some of the Becca Backlight Priming Filter on the cheeks which gives a gorgeous glow to the skin. 

For foundation I used the No.7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation and blended this in using a damp Beauty Blender. For concealer under my eyes I started with the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach and topped it with the concealing shade from the Estee Lauder New Demention's Contouring Palette. 

I decided to use a cream bronzer to bornze up my face as I didn't actually own a foundation that was dark enough, For this I used the new L'oreal Glam Bronze Cushion. A little bit of this goes a long way. I applies this to my cheek area and along my hair line and the foundation looked a lot more bronzy.

To set all of this I used the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder and some of the Benefit Porefessional Powder around my nose which tends to get very oily. 

For bronzer I used the Tom Ford Bronzer in the shade Gold dust and for blusher I used the Benefit Coralista which is a lovely coral perfect for tanned skin.

For my highlight I used the Laura Mercier Illuminator Powder in the shade Indescretion which is a gorgeous gold toned highlight. 

I set my entire face using the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. I swear by this stuff!



Just look at that glow!!! I love being tan!
Brows

As always I used the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Caramel and the ABH clear brow setting gel. I had just had my HD brows done for the first time by 'Molly Cooke' the week before so it made filling them in so much handier and quicker. This brow gel sets the brows in place and I promise you they will not budge!

Eyes

I primed with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and then used the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mezmerise Cream Eyeshadow in the shade Bette all over the lid and blended this with a small brush under my lower lash line. For the majority of the shadows in this look I used the Morphe Pallette in 35K. I took the peachy mid toned colour and blended it into my crease, then using the darker warm toned brown I deepened up the crease. I took a mixture of these two colours and blended these onto my lower lash line. 


For the glitter base I took the Too Faced Glitter Glue on a small brush and applied this to the inner third of my lid. I then mixed some of the Mac Pigment in Reflects Bronze along with a loose glitter I bought on Ebay (if you type in eye glitters loads come up, I used the copper one!)  and applied this in a patting motion directly on top of where I applied the glue. 


I then took the Maybelline Gel Eye Liner in the black shade and applied this to my upper and lower water line. I applied some of the Nars Audacious Mascara to my upper and lower lashes. 

Now for my favourite part, the lashes. I've had the Huda Beauty Lashes in Samantha for ages but I never had the nerve to wear them as they are very full on (my mammy even described them as looking like sweeping brushed when I bought them lol). I applied them with my tweezerman tweezers and the duo lash glue in the clear shade. They ok to apply but they were quite heavy and unlike other lashes I have wore in the past, these one's had a very thick band so required very precise application. I eventually got them on and I think they looked ok, they did stick into me a little bit in my inner corner but I'm sure with practice I'll be able to master them in the future. 



Glitter really finishes a simple eye look!
Lips

I used the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in the shade Eastend Snob to outline my lips and then I topped it with Mac Finally Free lipstick, this had a semi-gloss type finish which I enjoyed wearing as appose to my matte obsession recently. 

Let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them. I am totally up for suggestions as to new looks I could try out next so make sure and leave them in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment