Friday 15 July 2016

Top 5 Drugstore Budget Concealers


Going into Boots or Superdrug can be daunting, especially with the wide variety of brands and the amount of products each brand has to offer. I've tried and tested over 20 concealers from low end to high end and I have discovered ones that work and ones which are not worth the money. So I have compiled a list of my top five concealers that are easily accessible from Boots or Superdrug and all of which are under £10. In my opinion I think these are the best on the market, as much as I love my higher end counterparts these ones are just as good. Also perfect for fairer skin girls like myself! So here we go...

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is the lightest coverage of the bunch. It is very liquidy and doesn't offer much in terms of covering spots but it is perfect for under the eye. It has radiant glow that doesn't appear to be shimmery on the face. This one is comparable to the YSL Touche Eclat but is a fraction of the price.

Maybelline The Eraser Eye is my go to for a night out. Although this concealer is supposed to be used for it's anti aging properties I just love it's consistency. It is slightly moisturizing and is an absolute dream to blend. It's colour range in the UK is very limited so that is why I tend to only use it when I am slightly more tanned. I love using it to highlight under my eyes and then the center of my forehead and blend it out with the Real Techniques Contour Brush (from the Core Collection). I would compare this to the Chanel/Nars concealers in terms of it's consistency but it is a complete bargain in the other end of the scale. 

The Maybelline Fit Me is another favourite for every day wear. It has a light coverage and does not look cakey. I love using this all over the face and it blends so easily. It's slightly more liquidy than normal concealers but it just glides onto the skin and offers enough coverage without looking dry. I find it to be brightening and leaves a glowy look to the skin, which is why I find it needs to be set with a powder. Otherwise it is comparable to the Clarins Instant Concealer.

The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is raved about in the online beauty community. I first tied it about 6 years ago and I fell in love with it. Then after discovering different brands it moved slightly off my radar. However I have always went back to this when I have had paler skin. I use the lightest shade and I have found this to be the only brand on the drugstore market that offers a range suited to proper pale skin. This can be drying if you use too much which is why it should be used sparingly but in terms of coverage and longevity, it is up there with it's higher end counter parts from Estee Lauder. Great for covering spots!

The Rimmel Match Perfection is a relatively new find for me. I seen it being used in a Pixiwoo video and decided to pick it up and see what the fuss was about as I had not heard it being talked about before. This again offers a light coverage and is easy to blend. But it can be built to a medium coverage. This is perfect for under the eyes as it is hydrating and light reflecting. This one is perfect for no make up days as it looks flawless on the skin almost as if you are not wearing any make up.

That is my top 5 concealers from the drugstore. I have loads more in my stash and I'm always up for trying new ones, so I'm up for some suggestions?
Whats your favoruites? 







No comments:

Post a Comment