Wednesday 20 April 2016

The £4 Mac Eye Shadow Dupe





I'm all about saying the pennys and this week I'm going to talk about my favourite bargain of all time. I'd always loved collecting Mac eye shadows, but when I thought about it £10 is pretty expensive for an eye shadow, and to be honest some of the ones that I own have very little colour pay off compared to ones I had purchased from Boots for a cheaper price. 

Once I had filled my Mac Pro Palette, I wanted to start a new collection. I had heard American Youtube Beauty Gurus rave about the Make Up Geek Shadows and soon enough I hardly heard them ever talk about Mac Shadows. At the time you could only purchase Make Up Geek from the US website, and after having been billed extortionate custom charges in the past for US sites I decided to wait it out, as with most brands, they make their way to the UK eventually.




I patiently waited and finally BeautyBay.com started to stock them! They are priced at £4.95 each, which means I could buy two eyeshadows for the price I would pay for one Mac one. The service on this website is amazing, they offer free shipping in the UK and they always have great stock. I pick up 4 of the shadows to begin with and I was just amazed by the quality, and to be honest I favour them a lot more now over Mac shadows (I haven't touched my Mac palette in weeks!), they have so much pigmentation and they blend like an absolute dream. I also find that they have a lot of amazing colours perfect for the crease and for transition colours nothing that I have ever found at a Mac Counter. Don't even get me started on their Foiled Shadows, oh my dear god they are something else! A wee bit more pricey at £7.49 but you only need to touch them and the pigmentation and in tenseness of the colours are amazing. 




The only thing about these shadows is that they only come in pan form. Which means you have to buy a palette to keep them in, The Mac Pro Palettes fit them perfectly but as mine was filled already I decided to invest in a Z-Palette. This is an empty palette that has a magnetic base to which the pans will attach to, this is such a versitile pallette as you can put any pans in it. It would be great for make up artists as you can depot any of your own make up for example powders, blushes, bronzers and cream products as long as they come in a pan and then conveniently keep them all together in the one palette. They come in different sizes and colours depending on your preference! They can be purchased from BeautyBay.com just like the Make Up Geek shadows, however I bought mine in the Make Up Pro Store in Derry just because I wanted to have an idea of the size of the palettes, mine is quite large and would fit over 30 shadows and it cost around £15 as far as I remember.




So if your contemplating buying a Mac Palette, I would suggest you try out Make Up Geek first, and you will be completely amazed!! Let me know if you pick up any colours, I'm always open to suggestions on new colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment